Tuesday, August 21, 2012

French Macarons.

I was driving past my favorite French bakery the other day and I began craving French Macarons. My favorite flavor would be Pistachio. The smooth texture and mildly moist meringue cookies that melt in your mouth is a perfect snack for an afternoon tea.




There are debates about its origin whether in was created in the 18th century or earlier but the macarons that are known today were made popular by world renowned French pâtisserie, Pierre Desfontaines of Ladurée. The décor itself is as yummy as the almond cookies, honestly.






Unfortunately, there's no Ladurée near my home, the closest one is in NYC. But macarons from La Bonne Bouchée in Creve Coeur, MO are just as good. Another famous macaron is from Pierre Hermé in Paris. Many people think it's more superior. 



Ladurée doesn't do online order but there are other pastry shops that will ship the macarons to your  home like Le Bonbon on Etsy here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment